This is a simple list of some of my favorite travel essentials that I always pack in my carry-on. [UPDATED January 2023]
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you :) I only share products that I use myself and enjoy!
- Anker 13000mAh 2-Port Portable Charger - This is my go-to compact portable charger. It is lightweight and easy to carry. It charges my iPhone 13 Pro multiple times before I need to charge it again. I travel with two of these in my carry-on and never worry about being without a charge :) I also have the Anker PowerCore 10000mAh Portable Charger which is another great option if you want something even smaller. I just bought the updated version with a USB-C Port since my iPad charges via USB-C. *I love Anker products and swear by them now!
- Universal Travel Adapter - This is the best travel adapter I have found. I used it in Europe and all through Southeast Asia with no issues. It covers more than 150 countries, has 4 USBs, 1 USB-C, short circuit protection, and a safety shutter.
- Packing Cubes - I started using packing cubes years ago and they changed my life. I also have started to use these compression cubes for my backpack. I like how they take up less space.
- Travel Sleep Mask - this mask helps me sleep on long international flights. It blocks light completely and does not press against your eyes.
- Portable Luggage Scale - This is one of my favorite travel gadgets! Especially useful for the chronic over-packer! Avoid those overweight fees with this handy tool :)
- Phone/Tablet Stand - This stand is small but mighty! I originally bought it to use for traveling but I have been using it every day when I'm at home as well. Particularly useful for someone who works on the go. I use it for meetings on my iPhone/iPad.
- Coin Pouch - If you have traveled internationally then you know you can accumulate a lot of coins when you pay with cash. This pouch will keep all your coins handy.
- Collapsible Water Bottle - I wanted to find a water bottle that was lightweight and could collapse to save space for easy packing. I first tested it on a cruise, and it did not disappoint. The handle makes it easy to carry and it does not leak. I am also a big coffee drinker and carried this Toddy 16oz on my last 6-month trip and it ended up being one of the most useful things I brought! I work late at night and I would use this to keep my coffee hot while I worked. I also love that they come in a variety of fun colors, patterns, and designs! The selection is limited on Amazon, so if you don’t need it immediately, I would check out the full selection of their products on the BruMate site :) You are sure to find something you love!
- TSA-Approved Clear Bags - I use these bags to keep small things organized and being clear, it is easy to see what is in each bag. I use them for toiletries, medicine and to keep all my chargers/small electronics organized. I also love and recently got these mesh pouches to organize small items in my purse.
- Small Pill Boxes - When I'm out exploring since I'm usually just carrying a small bag, I like to use these pillboxes to hold a small number of pills so I don’t have to carry the whole bottle.undefined
All these items can be found on Amazon 😊 So, if you have a trip coming up you can get them quickly if you have Amazon Prime! I hope these items are as useful to you as they have been to me.
HAPPY TRAVELS, Emily